Discover The Jewels of Happiness…
Sri Chinmoy – prolific author and student of peace – shares thirteen secrets to abiding happiness.
Available in print and audiobook.
…timeless truths full of encouragement.
“These sweet gems of wisdom by my dear friend Sri Chinmoy are timeless truths full of encouragement, love and goodness.”
Archbishop Desmond Tutu (extract from the foreword)
More praise for The Jewels of Happiness:
… and the audiobook is pretty special too.
A unique experience – read by 17 renowned spiritual, diplomatic, artistic and athletic luminaries who all shared close ties with Sri Chinmoy. Sit back, listen and enjoy timeless wisdom read by celebrities from all walks of life.
- Nobel Laureate Archbishop emeritus Desmond Tutu
- 9-time Olympian Carl Lewis
- Ambassador Anwarul Choudhury (former UN Under-Secretary General)
- Narada Michael Walden (3-time Emmy Award Winner)
- Charles Johnson (National Book Award winner)
- Cathy Oerter (co-founder of Art of the Olympians with her husband, 4-time Olympian Al Oerter)
- Ambassador Davidson Hepburn (Former president, Unesco general conference)
- Roberta Flack (5-time Grammy award winner)
- Bill Pearl (5-time Mr Universe, Best-Built Man of the 20th Century)
- Boris Grebenshikov (legendary Russian singer-songwriter)
- Khaliah Ali (Emmy Award nominated talk show host, humanitarian and daughter of Muhammad Ali)
- Professor Shawn Wong (award-winning author)
- Ashrita Furman (holder of the most Guinness World Records)
- Eric Petersen (author of Light and Liberty, a celebrated collection of Thomas Jefferson’s writings) with his wife Katheryn Rhoades
Excerpt from Chapter 5: Wisdom
Knowledge and wisdom are not the same thing. Knowledge is something earthly; it is something we get from books or from the outer lives of other human beings. Knowledge is in the mind, of the mind and for the mind – for the expansion of the mind. But wisdom comes from our inner existence – from the light of our soul. So wisdom is much deeper than knowledge.
Some people have wisdom, but they may not abide by this wisdom. If they abide by their wisdom, then they will only do absolutely the right thing. When wisdom dawns, it is like the sun appearing through the clouds.
Experience is the beginning
Knowledge-dawn is the beginning
Wisdom-moon is the beginning
Excerpt from Chapter 7: Enthusiasm
When we launch into the life of self-discovery, or any new endeavor, we need enthusiasm. Without it we will not budge an inch.
When we enter into any new field of activity, there is enthusiasm. To maintain that enthusiasm, we can think of a plane. When the plane takes off, it makes so much noise. It gives us the feeling that it will absolutely destroy everything around it. Once the plane is high in the air, its speed is much faster than when it was taking off, but we hear practically no noise. And if the plane has a good pilot, will he not reach the destination?
Enthusiasm in its purest expression
Excerpt from Chapter 13: Self-Transcendence
My sense of perfection need not and cannot be the same as your sense of perfection. Everyone has to define perfection according to his receptivity, according to his realization of truth. But one thing that everyone agrees upon is that he has to make progress.
According to me, perfection is constant progress, which is always transcending itself. Otherwise, if I say that this is perfection, you will say no, something else is perfection. There will be no end to our dispute. My perfection need not be your perfection, but my self-transcendence will always give me satisfaction and your self-transcendence will always give you satisfaction. Where there is continuous satisfaction, glowing satisfaction, illumining satisfaction, we have to know that that is perfection. Perfection is in the satisfaction that glows and grows inside our hearts.
Self-transcendence is the only thing
A human being needs
In order to be truly happy.
Reader Reviews of The Jewels of Happiness
Supporting the International Day of Happiness
As part of the celebrations for the inaugural Day of Happiness, the first edition of the audiobook was launched at the United Nations.
How to order
Print and e-book
- Purchase from Amazon » or call Heart-Light Distributors on 1-800-739-2885.
The audiobook is available from Youtube, Audible.com and iTunes